Views on Legal Framework for Home Sharing
The Sharing Economy Taskforce (taskforce led by Takashi Inoue, President and CEO, NEXT Co., Ltd) issued its viewpoints on the designing of the legal framework for home sharing with regard to government deliberations on the topic.
- A new legal framework is required to reflect the specific features of the sharing economy
- Utilize new technologies effectively
- Objections to the introduction of maximum operation days limit
(Also includes the result of an online survey of homeshare hosts)
- New regulations should be equally applied to overseas operators
- Related regulations concerning the hotel business should also be reassessed